Wednesday 4 January 2017

Homebroideries....

One of my favourite past times is creating my Homebroideries - custom portraits of homes, wedding venues or other special places.

Working from a photograph I sketch the building out which acts as a "pattern" for the appliqué which I cut from my stash of old, new and recycled fabrics. I iron them onto the backing fabric and then using the needle of my 1965 Singer sewing machine as my pen I draw the the outlines and details of the building.

Then comes my favourite part, embellishing with hand embroidery.

A standard sized house costs £70 and if you would like to see more than check out my Facebook page:

www.facebook.com/homebroideries 

 

 

 

S x 

1 comment:

  1. I adore the homebroidery I bought from you a couple of years ago. One of the best things I've ever bought and even though I no longer live in that house it still takes pride of place on my wall and I'm reminded of the any happy memories I had there, thank you x x x

    ReplyDelete

Every comment you leave makes my day, so do take a moment to say hello....

S x