Thursday 18 October 2012

The Instagrannies Big Day Out....

Last Saturday the lovely Ashley from Country Rose and I set out on a road trip to Alexandra Palace for The Knitting and Stitching Show and to meet up with some of the lovely ladies we have met online via our blogs and Instagram.

Ashley is now glowingly pregnant and so naturally we had to stop en route which suited me as there was a Starbucks and I got to have a huge Pumpkin Spice Latte.

Dear Ashley looking radiant....

It took a couple of hours to get to Ally Pally and then a while to find a parking space, we thought for a moment we were going to have no luck, but we eventually managed to find a spot in a side street.

We hiked up the hill, and I was glad Ashley was preggers as it meant I could have a rest now and again too - I am soooooo unfit!!

The view over London from the top is spectacular:

You could see the Gherkin and the Shard....

We all met in the foyer and there were hugs all round before we headed into the show - it was huge, really busy and hot!! I didn't take many pics inside as we kept getting split up and there was a huge urge to just stand about and natter.

We did all manage to get together at lunchtime:

And afterwards, we nabbed a passerby to take a group photo of us all:

Please ignore my Johnny Vegas-esque chin(s)....

Kate from Adventures From A City Girl Country Girl; Ashley from Country Rose; Nicki from Homebird; LissyLou from Lissy Lou & The Two Little Boys; Gemma from Little Gem's Diary; Gemma from Musings Of A Gem; Gemma from Gem's Country Life Dream; Julie from Pretty Little Jewels; Cuckoo from Tales From Cuckoo Land; Kmmms from Things Learnt The Hard Way

I couldn't miss the opportunity to join Cuckoo in one of her trademark silly face photos:

What do we look like?!!

In actual fact Cuckoo is every bit as gorgeous IRL as I knew she would be:

I, however, am not....lol....

We all parted feeling even more like old friends with plans afoot to meet up again soon for a whole day of crafting and nattering.

Naturally a few purchases were made, which I must show you:

Sock yarn and Alpaca DK that was going to be for a shawl - indeed since Saturday I have crocheted 3/4 of it, and realised that:
a. I thought it was a bit prickly (I detest prickly wool/garments as my Mum used to make us wear horrid itchy jumpers in the '70's).
b. I didn't have enough yarn.
So it's been frogged.
I also got some pretty ribbons and trimmings:


I also got some cute stitch markers:


It was a really, really good day - some of the ladies had felt a bit nervous about meeting up with people they had met over the Internet but I can honestly say it was very successful indeed - we truly all got along as though we had known each other for years - and not one of us turned out to be a 50 year old fella, eh Cuckoo?!!....

Hugs,

S x



5 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a great day and yes, actually, you ARE gorgeous!! Don't put yourself down. You have a beautiful smile and a gorgeous face. Loving the russian doll stitch markers. So cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos, I'd love to go to a place like that... Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you ARE gorgeous you mentalist........so shurrup already!!!!! love those pics big styles.
    yep come over early on wed and check out what I need to do, give your opinion and then I will buy what I need for next time. I want to scoff scampi all afternoon. soooooo easily pleased!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to have found your blog. You girls look as if you're having entirely too much fun! What a special day. As a relatively new knitter, I enjoy looking at new and different types of yarn - the stitch markers are adorable! -- Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely day.... I was there on that day to with me woodelfs and our knit and bitch group..... had a wonderful day...... your photos of your and all ya maties are just beautiful.....

    x

    ReplyDelete

Every comment you leave makes my day, so do take a moment to say hello....

S x