Wednesday 5 February 2014

Ireland - January 2014

Back in September my BFF Vicky had a baby with her lovely new husband (ish!! They've been married coming up three years) and so I booked a trip to visit in October. Unfortunately due to a catalogue of disasters with renewing my passport meant the trip had to be postponed.

So a couple of weeks ago my Mum and I set off for County Leitrim to spend a long weekend with Vicky and her family.


Vicky's middle daughter Rosie made us a lovely welcome sign....
Mum and I stayed in the "garage" (a maisonette attached to a garage in reality!!) belonging to Vicky's friends that we had stayed in before as a family - it's on the edges of Lough Allen, is almost as big as my house and has the most amazing views.
I was so looking forward to spending time with Vicky and all her family - we've known each other since we were 15 and when we were kids I was constantly at the cottage hotel that Vicky's parents ran and so they seem like my family too.
And I got to meet the gorgeous Lily:
Here she is with my Mum - she's wearing the little top I knitted her.....
We were only there for four days but we spent lots of quality time together drinking tea, knitting and reminiscing.
On the Saturday evening Martin and Eilish (who own the "garage") invited us into their amazing house for dinner:

Love that girl!!

We had a yummy meal rounded off, naturally, by Irish coffees:

On Sunday we drove down to see Glencar Waterfall and took some lovely photos:

As Baz Luhrmann says in one of my favourite songs "The Sunscreen Song" as you get older you need the people who knew you when you were young and so I'm very lucky to still be best friends with the best friend I chose at school.

It was the loveliest whirlwind few days spent with my Bestest Friend In The Whole World and it was over all to soon....


 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a marvellous time and some lovely photos to remember it by.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a lovely post duck. you both look so happy to be reunited. looks fab over there. see ya soon x x x

    ReplyDelete

Every comment you leave makes my day, so do take a moment to say hello....

S x