Friday 22 August 2014

Friends, Old And New....

My dear friend Cuckoo (Tales From Cuckoo Land) invited me to stay with her at her lovely home in Somerset for a few days back in July and I jumped at the chance.

I was more than happy to settle in the gorgeous guest room:

Cuckoo lives in the middle of nowhere and so the view is beautiful:


The view is made all the more swoonworthy by the gorgeous Airstream trailer:

Isn't it just fabulous? We spent our evenings after Cuckoos boys where in bed sat in the trailer, crafting, drinking tea and laughing our heads off!!:

The trailer has all the mod cons - I'm not jealous at all, oh no, not me....

We had lunch with Cuckoo's friend C and I swooned at C's beautiful home, here's Cuckoo posing in front of C's gorgeous blue Aga:

Look at C's beautiful pots!! Every corner was crammed with pots and tubs overflowing with lush blooms, the photo doesn't do it justice, they were truly beautiful!!

C made us a lovely lunch and we sat in the sun drinking white wine spritzer so and watching Cuckoo's children and C's grandchildren playing gleefully in her lovely garden.

Cuckoo "met" C on Instagram and when they realised they lived in the same village they became firm friends - another example of how fantastic the internet is for bringing people together.

All too soon my stay was over and I hoped back on the train and made my way home....

Hugs,

S x

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. wow wow wow, gorgeous room, lovely airstream and just a beautiful kitchen Cuckoo's friend has! What lovely pics to lust after there, how are you don't see you much on IG or as many blog posts as before?! Take care, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every picture is just lovely!! Thank you for sharing.
    Both of their homes are so lovely. I can see why you are all friends. You are all so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, there's no wonder you had a great refreshing time, Cuckoo's views are spectacular, the trailer is devine. Who wouldn't feel relaxed sitting in that room with such a beautiful garden to feast your eyes on.:)

    Pleased you enjoyed your break.

    Peg x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what lush pics. So lovely that you got to Gaynas, it's gorgeous there but her friends house is equally swoon blasting. That garden is tres impressive!!!! X x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just going to post this again as I'm not sure what happened? Big hello and new like/follower from me - Michelle in Roscommon Ireland. Just stumbled across your blog by accident. A very happy accident :O)

    ReplyDelete

Every comment you leave makes my day, so do take a moment to say hello....

S x