I thought I would take inspiration from some of my favourite blogs and take the opportunity to record some of my goals and "intentions" for 2012 - I won't call the New Year resolutions as we all know how likely it is that they fail when given that label!!
Image from Tikki London
1. To learn to quilt - I want to make a Snapdragon quilt from the book "Two From One Jelly Roll Quilts".
I've only ever tackled the odd patchwork cushion and such so would like to learn to do it properly - so I went on the Quilters Guild website and have found a quilting group local to me. They are a group of 25 ladies, of all abilities, that meet every Friday afternoon and will get me started with my first quilt. The lady who runs it has been so helpful and welcoming already so I am attending my first session this week.
Who wants to be a size 0 when you could be a 16 and look this gorgeous?
With the amount I have to lose that's probably be unrealistic, but I would like to drop 3 dress sizes and get in a size 18 pair of jeans - I know this will still be MAHOOSIVE to some of you, but I know there is no point saying "size 10" as I haven't been that since I was about 12!!
Until I was about 18 (and had been on the pill a couple of years) I was about a size 14. I went up to a size 22 and then lost 4st before we got married. I then had two babies in two years and am still trying to shift the baby weight ("babies" are now 11 and 13!!)
So we are going to try Slimming World - I don't believe in diets (they make you fat) and so it has to be a lifestyle choice not a "diet".
TC (The Colonel) and I a-g-e-s ago....
3. To Ride My Horses - I haven't ridden since last February!! This is due to all manner of excuses but the crux of the matter is I am scared and lazy.
I had all confidence in my riding shattered by my first horse and after falling off TC about 3 years ago have made any excuse not to ride. TC is (usually) very good but he is BIG and also I hate riding alone - I like to ride with someone and have a natter and that helps me forget my nerves. No-one rides at the farm where I keep my horses so I have no company.
So, I am going to advertise to see if I can get someone to ride one of my horses while I ride the other.
4. Try And Be Less Anxious - I am constantly worried about health matters and am sometimes almost crippled with fear of something bad happening to me or my family. I have been referred for (yet more) cognitive behaviour therapy so maybe this time it'll work.
5. Explore The Church - I would describe myself as agnostic - I really want to believe and am envious of people who have faith as it must be such a great comfort. My main anxiety is a fear of death and I can't help feeling that someone who had faith would not be crippled like I am with worries.
I have lots of questions and so have decided to attend an Alpha Course at our local church which they bill as a place "to explore the meaning of life" - it starts next Tuesday.
6. Go To Bed Earlier - I am such a night owl, I usually go to bed about 1.00am and then play a relaxing puzzle on my iPhone until 2.00am and then struggle to get up in a morning.
I think that is all for now - thanks for reading what is probably quite a dull post for you!!