Wednesday 24 August 2011

Book Wreath and Random Musings....

Thank you for all the advice on what to go for birthday pressie-wise - I've decided to pop into town next week and try the boots on to see what they are like in the flesh - I might look like an elephant in hobnailed boots in them, but if not and I love them then I'll know to go for them. 


I've found them on eBay (from the US) for nearer £100 shipped but am slightly concerned they are fakes....


Did anyone see that documentary last night "I'm Pregnant With Someone Else's Baby"? It was about surrogacy - these woman are amazing, it brought a proper tear to my eye to watch. 


One of the ladies was screaming the place down in labour and as soon as the baby was born he was handed (on the insistence of the surrogate) to the adoptive mum (she couldn't have children as she had been having cancer treatment) and I was so overwhelmed by what an amazing, selfless thing the surrogate had done. It's something I know I would never be able to do, even if my pregnancies were straightforward. 


There was also a girl who was desperate to be 21 so she could become a surrogate (she already had a family of her own) - these women where truly amazing....


Anyway, today I to show you a book wreath I made a couple of days ago - I had seen them on Pinterest and fancied a go myself so followed this tutorial




I made it out of a copy of one of my favourite books (as I had two) "Gone With The Wind" - I wanted it to be made of a book with meaning even though it did feel very naughty to rip it up!!

It's going to hang in what we jokingly refer to as "The Library" which is really the old dining room but we need to sort out some bookshelves first.

I managed to sustain a nasty burn this time on my thumb from the blasted glue gun, it hurt for hours and started to form a blister - I suppose they do say "no gain without pain"!!....

hugs,

S x




3 comments:

  1. OMG that book wreath looks really difficult. Is there no end to your talents? You seem to be able to turn your hand to anything!

    Love love LOVE your fugly to fabulous tab, so inspiring and pretty. I don't remember seeing your welsh dresser in there though, didn't you prettify that or was it already gorgeous?

    I don't watch much TV so I miss loads of programmes like that - am currently catching up on some TV I've missed over the years and I'm buying loads of box sets... Foyle's War is the current fave.

    Hope you're keeping good.

    Nicki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Poor you. Hope the thumb is better now.
    I've seen one of these book wreaths before and I have to admit, I'm not sure I could break up a book for it, although I do love the idea of using something with meaning.
    Hmm, that's a bit contradictory of me really I guess, LOL.

    Anyhow, I bet it'll look lovely in your room.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you made that from a book? sarah, you amaze me!

    ReplyDelete

Every comment you leave makes my day, so do take a moment to say hello....

S x