Friday 4 November 2011

Where Has This Week Gone?

Hello, my lovelies - hope you've had a good week? Hasn't it just f-l-o-w-n by? 


It's Mr G's 40th birthday next week so we are feeling a bit old at the moment!! It really is quite scary how as you get older the time seems to go quicker and quicker.

I haven't really got a whole lot to report, been doing a bit of this and that. Went out with my Sis, had a day at a friends and what not.


I am still enjoying my dahlias (I am shamelessly copying Vanessa over at one of my fave blogs Coco Rose Diaries and using the fab Hipstamatic iPhone app for the pics):






It has been my first time growing dahlias and the bulbs (tubers?) cost £1 each from Wilkinsons - I started them on the windowsill and they went out following the last frost and the four plants have given me a jam jar of flowers constantly from July until now!! All for £4!!

So my sweet peas may have let me down this year but my dahlias have made me smile for weeks and weeks.

Another thing that has made me smile is that I managed to persuade Mr G to buy me a fancy schmancy new sewing machine for Christmas, so I am chuffed - although I couldn't persuade him to let me have it early!!

What's been making you smile?

hugs,

S x




4 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    A new sewing machine for Christmas, that is certainly something to look forward to and smile about! :)
    Your dahlias are beautiful.
    I'm smiling because the sun is shining and I can get the washing dry on the line today. I'm also smiling because it's weekend and means I get to see more of my hubby.
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohh very exciting about the sewing machine! I look forward to seeing a photo after you receive it..! :-)
    Happy Birthday to Mr G... I think time flies by quickly as soon as you have children..
    I downloaded that app for the iPhone aswell, there are probably hundreds of us doing the same..!

    Ashley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha........I LOVE hipstamatic so much..........and your dahlias look stunning! I love dahlias, they are such a proud, 'look at me' kind of flower. Happy little souls.

    Oh how fab for the new sewing machine! I bet you cannot wait for christmas to come! I still have to make friends with mine.......I did make a lining for a bag the other week and was mighty impressed that I managed to pulled it off!

    What's making me smile? My mother-in-law and brther-in-law visited last night. I made stew which I cooked all day and the house smelt all homely. We ate stew and chatted until really late and then we have had a lazy coffee morning, with bacon butties and carried ont he chatter and it's great and relaxing!

    Have a super weekend!

    Vanessa xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky new having a new sewing machine for christmas,whats making me smile is christmas creeping up and seing all the shops now with christmassy things in ooooh cant wait xx

    ReplyDelete

Every comment you leave makes my day, so do take a moment to say hello....

S x