Tuesday 17 May 2011

Soup and Swaps!!

Hello there, I hope you all had a lovely weekend?


Today I would like to share one of my favourite soup recipes with you - it's for Red Lentil, Chilli & Chickpea and you can find the recipe here at the BBC Good Food website (apologies for photo quality today, camera is flat so am having to use my iPhone):



Awww, my poor roses are looking a little sorry for themselves aren't they?


Don't worry if you dislike chickpeas - this batch is missing them as we were out but it's still lovely - the chickpeas are added after whizzing so are left whole, which means if one of you loves them (me) and one of you is not so keen (Hubby) you can fish them out!!

The postman brought me a lovely treat today:


This is a swap I did with my friend Ashley over at Jellybean's Odds and Ends and I can't tell you how chuffed I am!! The gorgeous little knitted pillows smell divinely of lavender; the Rice DK pins are fab. Underneath are some sweet little zipped purses, one of which is made out of babushka fabric which I love (I am 1/4 Polish and loved playing with babushka's when I was little). Also in there is some gorgeous, gorgeous fabric!!

Hubby and I have already polished off the pistachio chocolate!! Thanks so much Ashley!!

This afternoon we are having a chap come out to quote us for having a woodburning stove - when I was a child we had one and I loved it and so I have wanted one for a while.

Something like this perhaps?:


Or what about this for a shabby chic stove?:



We originally wanted it in the conservatory but after doing a bit of research think the installation would be a lot more complicated and costly than having one in the corner of the living room. 

So, I sat here and scratched my head until I worked out how we could fit one in there. We can't have it on the fake chimney breast we have as that was built to accommodate Hubby's huge TV (the TV is kind of boxed into a fake "chimney breast" which only sticks out about 6" into the room) but I think if we move one of the sofas around we could fit a stove into the corner. 

In some respects it would be better in the living room as one of the best things about a real fire is sitting in front of it in the dark and we don't tend to use the conservatory at night.

Just hoping it'll be feasible/not too expensive now. Fingers-crossed!!

S x









1 comment:

  1. Yay, I'm so glad you liked it! :D It got to you pretty fast too. Royal mail can be hit and miss sometimes.
    That soup looks delicious! I want a woodburning stove too, the smell reminds me of my nans house when I was little :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete

Every comment you leave makes my day, so do take a moment to say hello....

S x