I welcomed all your comments and have been gradually changing a few things - first I bought some faux silk curtains in duck egg to replace the dark ones and Mr Grumpy fixed the curtain pole (at last!!):
I intend to change the lamps too (for a pink ones, but don't mention that to Mr Grumpy!!)
Someone suggested the horse pictures had to go but they are portraits of two of my own horses that Mr Grumpy had commissioned for me so they most definitely have to stay.
I have also been making new cushions:
The big square ones are made out of a pair of curtains I got off eBay for £3.00 (they made another pair for the big sofa too) and I made a Union Jack bolster cushion too:
I'm pleased with how it's turned out - when I first learnt to sew I bought the pom pom trim, tried to trim a cushion with it and it was hopeless!! So, the fact I managed it quite easily yesterday shows me that I have improved.
I have some more fabric to make another set of cushions and I'm going to have a go at making piping for them.
Anyway, hope you all have a nice weekend....